Pizza Style Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
When you’re craving pizza but you’re on that low-carb diet, the struggle is real! This is the perfect side dish for you to try…Pizza Style Roasted Portobello Mushrooms.
You can customize it however you’d like with whatever ingredients you have on hand. I saw these pre-made at the grocery store last week and I thought this looks so simple and overpriced, I can totally make it myself. And then I did. I took five minutes to prepare the ingredients and 10 minutes to agonize over the smell while the cheese was slowly melting in the oven…best 15 minutes I spent that day.
So, this totally works as a low-carb option and it tastes wonderful as it is. BUT when I was done taking pictures of the main event, I caught a glimpse of garlic rosemary sourdough on my countertop and I just HAD to try this pizza concoction with that sourdough…oh yeah baby! It’s of course 10 times better that way, but bread makes everything 10 times better…and that, my friends, is the true struggle of this foodie! #SorryNotSorry
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 portobello mushrooms, gills and stems removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Pinch of paprika (optional)
- Basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and coat baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place portobello mushrooms on a baking sheet stem side up.
- Divide the ingredients between both portobello mushrooms in order or appearance, first starting with the Italian seasoning, then the marinara sauce, the mozarella cheese and then the tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese, a pinch of paprika and basil