- 12 (1 1/4 lbs) chicken tenders or skinless breasts cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 Tbsp mustard
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Ketchup, or your favorite condiment, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the chicken tenders on a paper towel to try them and slightly tenderize them with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, mustard and salt and pepper. In another medium size bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, paprika and dried thyme. You can also use a ziplock bag for the panko mixture.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs mixture, then toss into the panko mixture. Dust off any excess panko mixture and lay the chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining chicken and spread them out on the baking sheet so they are not touching.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until the chicken is golden.
- Enjoy warm with ketchup or any other sauce, if desired.
- These oven fried chicken tenders can also be made ahead and frozen. After preparing the chicken according to the instructions, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the freezer for 2-3 hours. When they are frozen solid, you can place them in a ziplock bag and store for use up to 3 months later. When you are ready to bake, you can just add 5-10 extra minutes to the baking time.