Healthy Rainbow Tuna Salad
The best tuna salad for two, and no need for mayo…that’s true! ???? Did I just rhyme? Haha!
I know it can be controversial to call tuna healthy, but healthy is different for everyone. And for me, whenever I’m eating a salad that is balanced with protein, fiber and good fats, with low or no sugar added and no saturated fats, it’s a healthy meal for me. So this Healthy Rainbow Tuna Salad is a fabulous one that will keep you feeling full and satisfied from having salad for dinner! I had some extra time on my hands and love playing around with my food, so I made this dish extra pretty for the hubby and I. The design part is purely optional, but hope it inspires you to add more colorful foods to your diet and enjoy salads as meal!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed & dried
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced olives
- 1 can tuna
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp dill
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil for tossing
- In a large bowl, arrange all the ingredients of the salad, except for the tuna.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the ingredients of the tuna dressing, then add the tuna and mix well.
- Spoon the tuna mixture on top of the salad ingredients, drizzle with olive oil and serve.