Healthy Green Shamrock Shake
While everyone was out drinking green beer on St. Patrick’s Day, I enjoyed this shamrock snake full of green goodness! Truth: The cute heart-shaped spinach really started out as an attempt to cut out a shamrock. But I gave up after 5 minutes and just made a heart haha. This Healthy Green Shamrock Shake
Here’s a FeelGood Fact for you: Green foods are powerful detoxers, fight free radicals & improve the immune system ????????
Green smoothies are so easy and versatile. What I usually do is a base of either coconut water or milk. I used coconut water here, but you can pretty much use any milk that you’d like! And then have to throw is some greens…they don’t call ’em green smoothies for nothing! The easiest way is to use spinach. They have a mild taste, full of nutrients and they absorb really easily with the liquid of choice. You can also use kale, although it has a more pronounced taste so it can be bitter if you’re not used it. Another mild one is romaine lettuce. I know it sounds weird to throw lettuce in a smoothie, but it works perfectly and has a high water content so it’s super refreshing! Then for the fun part, just toss in any fruits you like. Bananas are always easy and delicious. You can use grapes, strawberries, apples, pears, kiwi…you get the point! Try to incorporate one green smoothie a week as a snack and you’ll reap some awesome benefits!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 cup coconut water
- Handful of spinach
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 chopped green apple
- 1/2 banana
- A few mint leaves
- Add all ingredients to blender in the order of appearance.
- Blend thoroughly on high speed for 1 minute until the mixture is completely smooth. If it is too thick or not blending well, you can add more coconut milk or water.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, by adding sweetener of choice for added sweetness.
- Serve immediately for best flavor and consistency.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.