Healthy Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Talk about quick, healthy and filling! My Healthy Blueberry Banana Smoothie packs a punch of energy and is so refreshing you’ll feel like it’s a summer morning — even in the dead of winter. Full of antioxidants to fight off no-good cells and low on calories.
Can we talk about how beautiful the smoothie color is?! The cool bluish-purple color of blueberries is from the elevated levels of phytonutrients called anthocyanidins. A-dins keep collagen in our tissues from deteriorating and can even help with ulcers, varicose veins and cataracts. Blueberries for the win!
And banana’s, well they are one of the highest sources of potassium next to avocados. Potassium is not only an electrolyte that we lose when we sweat, but a mineral that can boost bone health and reduce the chance for kidney stones. So, put these two superfruits together with a splash of fabulous almond milk for protein and you’ve got the ultimate rejuvenating refreshment.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- Toppings: Sliced banana and blueberries
- Put all the ingredients in a blender in the order of appearance.
- Blend the ingredients in a high-speed blender for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more almond milk if it is too thick or adding a sweetener of choice if it's not sweet enough for you.
- Add the fresh fruit toppings for garnish.
- Enjoy cold immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.