Ground Beef Tacos with Napa Cabbage and Guacamole
Do you have a Taco Tuesday tradition in your house? It was never really a thing for us growing up, but my mom would make it every once, regardless of the day of the week. I never really made tacos for my kids because I couldn’t find any taco shells with agreeable ingredients. I finally found some at my local grocery store which are made ONLY from organic yellow corn and safflower/sunflower oil. Now those are two ingredients I can pronounce! And frankly the only ingredients that should be in your taco shells! So I set out to make these Ground Beef Tacos with Napa Cabbage and Guacamole and made it as a DIY taco assembly for the kids.
They want Taco Tuesday to become a thing in our house!
Well, alrighty then!
Can I really deny my own children?
And you don’t want to deny your family and loved ones of these either, trust me!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 llb lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 7 oz of salsa of choice (half a 15oz jar)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of half lime
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 taco shells (I used Garden of Eatin taco shells)
- About 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 can of black beans, rinsed/drained
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh chopped cilantro, optional
- Grated Cotija Mexican cheese, optional
For the Ground Beef:
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and transfer the ground beef to the skillet.
- Add the crushed garlic, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the salsa and coat the ground beef with the salsa until it is well absorbed.
For the Guacamole
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork to your desired consistency.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno and cumin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and mix again until all the flavors are well blended.
To Arrange the Tacos
- Scoop the ground beef into the bottom of the taco shell. Top with napa cabbage, black beans, tomatoes and guacamole.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and Cotija Mexican cheese, if you desire.
- Enjoy immediately!