Easy Vegetarian Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Calling all gluten-free pizza lovers: this is for you! Cauliflower called and wants to be your healthy alternative to pizza crust. And it’s so good!
This recipe is a great way to not miss out on one of your favorite dishes if you’re gluten intolerance has you down in the dumps. Cauliflower is considered by some to be a superfood because it packs a huge nutritional punch and is even thought to contribute to the elimination of cancer stem cells (now that’s amazing!)
The Easy Vegetarian Cauliflower Crust Pizza is guilt-free and endlessly diverse. Top it with your family’s favorite veggies, or stick to plain cheesy goodness. However you decide, I think this recipe will change the way you look at pizza!
Parting Tip: Make sure you get as much water out of the cauliflower after cooking it so your pizza crust is nice and crisp. Take that, Digiorno!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 whole cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ greek yogurt mixed with 2 tbsp store bought pesto
- Fresh baby spinach
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment papert; set aside.
- To make the cauliflower crust, cut the cauliflower into florets, then add them to a food processor and pulse until finely ground like rice; makes about 2-3 cups.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. and cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened; let cool.
- Place cauliflower in a cheese cloth or dish towel, and squeeze out all the excess water so it is as dry as possible.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the eggs, grated parmesan, onion powder and paprika.
- Spread into desired shape on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 400F for 40 minutes.
- Add the sauce and toppings and bake at 450F for about 5 minutes until cheese has melted and toppings look cooked
- Serve immediately while warm.