Caramel Banana Mug Cake
I made this mug cake almost three years ago as a celebration of Feelgoodfoodie being on Instagram for 1 year! It was so amazing seeing the momentum of the page growing to hundred of thousands of followers just in a year. And what better way to celebrate foodie success to than food?! I’m not much a baker and sometimes when I do bake, I hate committing to entire cake, so I love the idea of mug cakes! So I made this Caramel Banana Mug Cake. It uses simple ingredients and the flavor is sweet and decadent! It’s a single serve treat that’s ready in less than 5 minutes and you don’t even have to share! Cheers to more foodie success always and more yumminess!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- Caramel Banana Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp whipped ricotta cheese, for serving
- 1 tbsp salted caramel sauce, for serving
- Spray a large microwave-safe mug with cooking spray. Add the milk, egg and melted coconut oil to the mug and whisk until well combined.
- Add the mashed banana, wheat flour, cane sugar and baking powder and mix until well blended.
- hen add remaining ingredients & mix until completely blended
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds until the cake rises and looks fluffy. The cook time will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, but you can test it for readiness, and add 10 second increments microwaving, as needed.
- Let the cake cook for several minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of whipped ricotta cheese and salted caramel sauce, if you desire.