Avocado Bowls with Bulgur Salad
These Avocado Bowls with Bulgur Salad are such a cute idea for serving your guests salad in a unique way without worrying about extra dishes to wash when you have company! Hey, I’m all about dish reduction in the kitchen, especially when I have people over. The bulgur salad is actually a well known Lebanese salad I grew up and making. Now, that I have an obsession with avocado (it’s a healthy obsession, I promise!) I want to eat everything with avocados. And that’s how I got this idea to put the bulgur salad inside the avocado.
Now, the problem with serving avocado is the browning issue, so I would recommend preparing the salad in advance, and just cutting the avocado as late as possible when your guests arrive. Then you can spoon the salad mixture when ready. But, I’ve also done this up to 2 hours before, and added some lemon juice on the avocado, which worked out great! It’s a healthy, delicious Mediterranean appetizer or side dish that will wow your guests.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 avocados cut in half & pitted
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1 small Roma tomato finely diced
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse bulgur in a bowl and pour off excess water, set aside for a few minutes
- Mix all ingredients together in separate bowl, then add bulgur and mix once more
- Spoon salad mixture into avocados