3-Ingredient Chia Pudding
One of the biggest questions in healthy eating is what to eat for a snack. And for me, I like the check off three things when it comes to snacking:
- High in fiber
- High in protein
- Contains healthy fats
This is essentially what’s going to satisfy your in-between meal cravings and taper your appetite until your next meal. For me, one of the best snacks that meets these snack goals is my 3-Ingredient Chia Pudding. Check this out: 1 oz (2 tablespoons) of chia seeds (which is only 130 calories) contains:
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Protein: 4 gram
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s >> the stuff that’s good for you!)
Not bad right? Set out a few mason jars, put two tablespoons of chia seeds in each and 1/2 cup of almond milk or milk of choice and mix it up really well. You can sweeten it if you’d like or rely on sweet fruit toppings if you prefer. It’s so easy to whip up that I usually just make a big batch of them and store in the fridge ready to eat as is or topped with fruit like I did here. Easy, healthy, tasty >> can’t beat that!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp honey (or other sweetener, optional)
- Pour ingredients into a jar and mix well. Let settle for 2-3 minutes then mix again very well until you see no clumping.
- Cover the jar and store in fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to eat it, top with your favorite fruit and enjoy cold!