Mushroom Avocado Toast
Anything that starts with beautifully fanned slices of avocado on toast is bound to end up scrumptious!
Am I right? YAS! Luckily this recipe doesn’t involve much more about you’ve done your most artistical attempt at the prettiest fanned avocado of your life. Show off the fanned skillz to whoever’s around (or snapchat it…because avocado duh!) and then top it with a whopping pile of garlic caramelized baby bella mushrooms. Then you can get extra fancy with some garnish or you are welcome to just go to town on your simple, yet so-utterly-satisfying Mushroom Avocado Toast. I like to sprinkle it with some aged Parmesan cheese and then finish it with any fresh herbs I’ve got on hand. Today, it was some basil, which gave it a fresh bite to balance the savory taste of the caramelized mushrooms.
This makes for a great appetizer, awesome snack, and amazing breakfast. Heck, you might as well just have it as your main entree for dinner. Ain’t nobody judging!
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, or bread of choice
- ½ avocado, pitted/peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms (crimini), sliced
- Dash of garlic salt
- Aged Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Toast the sourdough to desired doneness.
- Slice the avocado into thin slices, fan out and divide on top of the two toasts
- Season the avocado with salt and pepper to taste
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Then add the mushrooms to the skillet, season with garlic salt, and saute for about 10 minutes until they soften and become golden brown.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms on top of the toast with avocado slices, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with aged parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if you desire.
- Enjoy immediately!