Honeyed Chinese Chicken Wraps
These Honeyed Chinese Chicken Wraps are loaded with savory stir-fry chicken and colorful veggies – a low-carb easy weekday meal. If you’re anything like me, you’re short on time but still want to make healthy food that the kids can’t wait to gobble up. I love this recipe because it’s a yummy spin on traditional chicken and vegetable stir-fry that is really fun to eat. I mean, who doesn’t love eating with their hands?
Prepare the chicken wraps for lunch, dinner or even as snacks when you’re entertaining friends and family. The rich marinade is akin to a teriyaki and garlic honey mashup — but with a lot less sodium and way more flavor. I think Chinese Chicken Wraps are a great way to introduce new flavors to your munchkins if they haven’t had much variety before.
Mix and match veggies for this dish if you want. I know people can be weirded out by mushrooms, the texture, the flavor, whatever it is. No problem, just take ‘em out and customize your own health-conscious and tasty dinner!
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped in cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large whole carrots chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Butter lettuce for serving
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, garlic powder, chili powder and ginger brown sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Coat chicken with marinade and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions, carrots, bell peppers, celery and mushrooms until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken until for a couple minutes on each side; return vegetables and reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with butter lettuce