Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Bread
Here’s another chocolate banana loaf made with absolutely no oil or refined sugar…it’s my Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Bread, very similar to the Low-fat Cinnamon Chocolate Banana Bread and just as healthy and delicious! I love making banana breads because they’re really hard to mess up. So what I like to do is switch things up and try healthy swaps for ingredients every time I make a new banana bread.
Sometimes the result is an un-called for bread-pudding-like consistency. So, with those “recipe experiments” I just scoop some vanilla ice cream over the concoction and eat my way through my failure thanking God for having a job where I get to eat my mistakes. BUT, in this healthy ingredient swap story, the result was a SUCCESS! Yay for this successful Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Bread (which later got smothered by a scoop of vanilla ice cream too…you know it! lol)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- In anotehr large bowl, mix the wet ingreidnets making sure there are no clumps
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, without over mixing.
- Scrape the batter into a a loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean