Easy Vegan Cheese Dip
It looks like real cheese and tastes like real cheese but it’s actually vegan!! And it’s made with basically carrots and potatoes! I’m not a vegan, but I absolutely love vegan foods and truly believe it’s beneficial for all of us to incorporate as much plant-based foods in our diet as possible, regardless of whether we ever become full-fledged vegans. When I made this recipe 4 years ago, I was seeing a lot of people mixing carrots and potatoes to make vegan cheese, so I took a stab at it myself and used the basic elements of the recipe while adding some of my twist and flavor to make this Easy Vegan Cheese Dip. This is just a really cool recipe to make just to even see how many people guess it’s not really cheese! HA!
- 2-3 medium size potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2-3 long carrots, diced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp reserved water
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, plate the potatoes and carrots with enough water to cover them and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes and carrots and both fork tender, drain but reserve 2 tbsp water, and transfer them to a high speed blender.
- Add the olive oil, reserved water, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder. Blend until the mixture is extremely smooth and there are no chunks or pieces left. It should look like real cheese.
- Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy with chips or veggies.