Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
When you find a muffin recipe that’s 175 calories a piece and can be made in one bowl in half an hour, you hold on for dear life to that muffin recipe. So, let me tell you how I really feel about these Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins haha! This is my go-to recipe when I have ripe bananas…sometimes I make it single chocolate and sometimes I go for the double, baby!
These are the type of muffins you can easily have for breakfast without the guilt because they have essential breakfast items:
- Bananas ✔
- Whole grains ✔
- Greek yogurt ✔
- Egg ✔
I mean, it totally sounds like breakfast to me! And then we add the cocoa powder and the chocolate chips; and magic happens in your oven. Healthy, moist and delicious Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins that you can have for breakfast, snack or dessert!
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (can sub butter)
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (preferably 2%)
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients together until well combined: ripe bananas, honey, vanilla, egg, oil and greek yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients in the same bowl: whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined, without over-mixing.Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, and top the muffins with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes or until toothpick comes our clean.
Recipe Adopted from: Ambitious Kitchen