Cheesy Potato & Cauliflower Casserole
Here’s a FeelGood fact for you: Potatoes are rich in complex carbs that can supply energy
- 5-6 red potatoes, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ⅓ cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees and grease an 8 x 8 oven-safe baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes for 15 minutes and cauliflower for 10 minutes, so they are both crisp tender
- Drain potatoes and cauliflower and set aside
- On the bottom of the greased baking dish, layer half the potatoes and cauliflower, then half the thyme, drizzle with half the olive oil (about 1 tablespoon), and half the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then, add a second layer the remaining potatoes and cauliflower, remaining thyme, remaining olive oil, remaining cheese and season again with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vegetable broth on top of the potato cauliflower layers
- Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes until cheese is golden & bubbly
- Serve as a side dish with any main item.