Banana Pudding Parfaits
It’s a hot summer day and you just decided to have a last minute barbecue. But the important question is…what’s for dessert? Duh. I like making these quick and easy Banana Pudding Parfaits with easy-to-find ingredients. I found a great brand of instant pudding/pie filling that’s actually made with simple real ingredients. If you make that ahead of time and let it cool in the fridge, you can whip up these cute parfait cups in no time right before your guests arrive!
We’ve got serious layers of yumminess, guys!
Creamy dreamy pudding
Coconut whipped cream
Toasted crumbled vanilla wafers
Fresh slices of bananas
Feel free to add more toppings, nuts, fresh fruit or whatever you’re feeling to personalize and perfect to your liking!
- 1 (3.5oz) box vanilla pudding (I use Organics)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- About 30 vanilla wafers
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 12 oz cool whip (I use So Delicious Coco Whip)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a sauce pan and cook to dissolve.
- Add beaten egg and cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, place saran wrap over the pudding (so it touches and prevents film from forming) and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
- Place the vanilla wafers in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to break the wafers up and then process for 1-2 minutes until the crackers are fine (like the consistency of sugar).
- Add the melted butter to the bowl of the food processor, and process for 1 more minute to combine so the wafers get damp.
- Transfer the wafer mixture from the food processor to a baking sheet
- Heat the oven to 375° F and bake for about 5 minutes until they become golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Using small bowl, cups or glasses, layer in the pudding, whipped cream, sliced bananas and crumbled wafer mixture. Repeat layers as you desire and enjoy cold.
NOTE: Cups in images do no represent actual serving sizes 😉 but they totally could…no judgement!